INSTANT RECAP: Michigan 79, Nebraska 50

Michigan started with a high percentage shot, an alley-oop from sophomore Caris LeVert to Glenn Robinson III, on its first possession and never looked back in a 79-50 win over Nebraska. LeVert followed up with two triples to stake U-M to an 8-0 lead before Ray Gallegos put Nebraska on the board with a triple.
Box Score
The Wolverines, though, didn't give the Huskers much breathing room. They extended the lead to 10 on a finish in transition by freshman point guard Derrick Walton Jr. and a triple from the corner by sophomore Nik Stauskas on an inside-out pass from fifth-year senior Jordan Morgan. The Cornhuskers cut it to six, but Walton responded with another triple - the Wolverines' fourth in 6:19 - to make it 16-7 at the first TV timeout.
Michigan went cold again, with Stauskas and freshman Zak Irvin missing wide open triples. Nebraska's Shavon Shields scored five straight before Irvin answered with a short jumper; Stauskas made two free throws after being fouled in transition to push it back to 20-12 at 11:04.
Irvin got two chances for triples on the next possession and made the second, pushing the lead to 23-12; Robinson III finished inside to make it a 13-point game, and the way the Wolverines were defending, it seemed like they'd coast, especially after Robinson tripled to make it 28-12 at 8:30.
It was 30-14 at 7:33 with U-M scorching the nets from long range, having made six of 12 triples and 61 percent overall with nine assists. A transition slam by Robinson from Stauskas (his sixth assist) and two free throws from Stauskas made it 34-15. Irvin tripled again from the corner in transition to push it to 37-15 at 4:24. He followed with two more in a row to make it 43-15 at 3:01.
The lead ballooned to 30 before the Wolverines settled for a 49-21 lead at the break.
Irvin led U-M with 16 points, making four of seven triples in the half, while Robinson added 11, Stauskas nine and six assists, LeVert eight and Walton five. The Wolverines shot 63 percent from the floor, 53 percent (9-for-17) from long range, and made all 10 of their free throws.
Nebraska scored the first two of the half, but LeVert's three-point play and Robinson's triple prevented the Cornhuskers from gaining any momentum. Robinson hit another three-pointer to make it 58-25 at 18:15, a total blowout.
Walton's triple from the corner in transition and two Robinson free throws made it 61-28 at 15:27; it ballooned to 36, 66-30, at 14:30 on a triple from the corner by LeVert. Redshirt junior Jon Horford then went to work inside and Robinson continued to score - it was 75-34 at 10:03.
The Wolverines hit a cold spell, going five minutes without a point, but it was irrelevant at that juncture. LeVert finally ended the stretch with a driving left hander at 4:53, making it 77-41. Horford ended an exclamation point with a backdoor, alley-oop slam from sophomore Spike Albrecht at 4:00 before head coach John Beilein started to empty his bench.
Robinson led all scorers with 23 points, while LeVert and Irvin both finished with 16. Stauskas notched nine points, eight assists and five rebounds, Walton eight points and three assists and Horford seven points for the Wolverines, now 9-1 in Big Ten play.