The Fort is dedicated to the discussion of Michigan athletics and recruiting. We want this to be an enjoyable, friendly and entertaining environment for the exchange of ideas, opinions, information, rumors and more about the Wolverines.
We ask you to keep the conversation civil and in good taste. Keep in mind that this forum is read by young and old Michigan fans, by male and female U-M supporters, by prospective recruits and their families, and by people in office environments and at home around their children.
We will monitor the board under the following guidelines:
• Profanity or obscenities of any kind are not allowed, not even if disguised with *asterisks.
• Slanderous, defamatory, obscene, indecent, lewd, pornographic, violent, abusive, insulting, threatening and harassing comments are not tolerated.
• Personal attacks of any kind are not allowed.
• No copyrighted material is allowed. Please use links instead of reposting material from another site.
• Use good judgment when posting signature photos. Women must be wearing shorts and tops. Also, signatures should be a reasonable length.
• Please do not promote TheWolverine.com on any competitor's site. In turn, we expect the same courtesy to be shown here. Linking to or posting information from a competitor's site will not be allowed.
• No advertising of any for-profit organizations, ventures or businesses is permitted.
• We reserve the right to edit or delete any post that doesn't meet these guidelines. We may delete profanity or a personal attack from an otherwise informative post.
• We reserve the right to blacklist anyone who doesn't abide by these guidelines. We will try to issue warnings before blacklisting anyone, but gross offenders will not receive warnings.
• A rule of thumb – if you wouldn't want your mother, your 11-year old sister, brother, son or daughter, or your employer or coworker to see the photo you are using as a signature or the message you've just posted don't put it on the site.
• You can question the decisions of coaches, comment on the play of a team and discuss an opponent. Just do it in a respectful, responsible manner.
• We will monitor the board following the guidelines here, and with an appreciation for the business you give us and your passion for Michigan sports. If we err in judgment, it will probably be on the cautious side. If you want to question why a post was deleted, please do so in an e-mail, not on the boards.
• The following is Rivals.com statement about the message boards as part of your user agreement:
The Rivals network is supported by advertising and the generous donations of services by several companies. The forums, chat rooms and other services are provided free of charge to users with the understanding that they are to be used for reasonable forms of communication, and not for "flaming", libel, or slander.
Users are responsible for the content of their own posts. By signing up to participate in the Rivals services, or by using these services you agree that Rivals is in no way responsible for the content of these services. By signing up to post on our forums and chat rooms, you agree that you are responsible for any content which you post, and that you will not post copyrighted content, illegal content, or other content that Rivals would find objectionable.
Rivals reserves the right to delete any post which it feels is inflammatory, libelous, or in any way contrary to the purpose of the Rivals network; however, as stated above, Rivals deletes these posts as a courtesy to readers and is not responsible for the content of posts that may or may not be deleted in a prompt manner.
Rivals also reserves the right to "blacklist" any user for any reason at any time. Any user that is blacklisted will no longer be able to post to any of Rivals' forums or chat rooms. Repeated abuse by a poster under several email addresses and nicknames will subject the user to notification of their behavior to their ISP and publishing of their personal information, including email addresses and phone number.
We hope you enjoy your stay at TheWolverine.com!